The southern tip of the continent known to be the Cradle of Humankind has no less than eight UNESCO World Heritage sites. The fact that the region has a fantastic abundance of cultural treasures greatly enhances tourism and makes this country a worthy travel destination.
Explore more travel insights though the following guides:
- gold coast apartments - Get to choose one of the recommended Gold Coast apartments you can book for your holiday.
- whitsundays apartments - Find out how you can conveniently book Whitsundays apartments for your holiday.
- cornwall guest house uk - Gain access to an online real estate listing that can help you in searching for a Cornwall guest house UK.
- Indonesia Tours - The one-stop travel company to book tours in Asia.
- phil hoffmann cruises - The company to visit when you're planning to join cruises for your holiday.
If you love archaeology, you should visit the fossil hominid sites. These areas encompass the North West Province and some parts of Gauteng. It has the most abundant amount of organic remains that gave evidence to the 3.5 million-year presence of human evolution.
Should you be more partial to flora, go to the Cape Floristic Region at the southernmost tip of the continent. This area is a natural wonder that consists of 20% of Africa's flowers, featuring 553,000 hectares of no less than 9,000 plant species.
If the marine world is more to your liking, then visit iSimangaliso Wetland Park at KwaZulu-Natal. It has a very high biodiversity, allowing you to see a massive variety of animals. It is also home to the Coelacanth, a living fossil of a fish that started evolving 400 million years ago and still exists today.
Book a flight for a culturally enriching holiday at South Africa now!